Catholic Charities offers Post-Placement and Post-Adoption support, including visits, with written reports and the Court Report of Investigation for Illinois adoption finalization. Post-Adoption services include: non-identifying birth family background information, mediated communication between birth and adoptive families, search and reunion services, ongoing support group meetings and counseling services.
Periodic workshops or seminars providing ongoing education on topics related to adolption are available, and speaking engagements for schools, church and civic groups can be arranged.
To schedule an initial consultation, free of charge:
- Call 847 782-4222 to speak with an Adoption Specialist, or
- Email: email@example.com
For an archive search a written request is required and should include:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Copy of driver's license or State ID
- Current contact information
- If you were adopted, include your adoptive parent's names
- If you are birth parent, include your name at the time of placement along with the child's birth date
- If you are an adult child of a deceased birth parent, include your parent's death certificate and proof of your relationship to him or her, such as your birth certificate.
- $25 for an archive search
- Call for all other related fees
For short-term, adoption focused counseling upon request it is not necessary that the adoption have involved Catholic Charities. Call 847-782-4222 for information.
For Non-identifying background letters and search and reunion services the adoption will have to have involved Catholic Charities or another Catholic organization whose archives are accessible by Catholic Charities.