The Supported Employment Program offers a diverse array of services, helping our members live their lives with dignity, independence, and respect by obtaining paid employment. Independence Center's employment program places members in jobs of their choice to create real economic self-sufficiency and further our members' recovery. Through our partnerships, a network of supporters and businesses in the community, members find meaningful, competitive employment that is a foundation to recovery from severe mental illness.
Monday through Wednesday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday and Friday 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
To be referred for membership the referral application must be completed and signed. Moreover, referrals from other community agencies require a current, detailed psychosocial history and a current psychiatric assessment, as well as signed release. For services, the client must be a member. Call intake for more information.
Access the Pre-Application Form here: http://www.icwaukegan.org/forms.html
To be eligible for membership an applicant:
1. must have a primary presenting problem associated with severe and persistent mental illness;
2. should be interested in attending becoming an active part of the Independence Center since participation is voluntary;
3. must be able to get to the Independence Center;
4. who has a history of substance abuse; must be sober at the Independence Center and on any of the Independence Center's sponsored community activities;
5. must not pose a threat to the Independence Center's community; and
6. must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age limit.